NBCU Academy Next Level Summit: Engage. Elevate. Grow.
Did you miss our April 2022 summit? Check out all the panels below!
April 5, 2022
Hear from leaders, anchors, reporters, and producers from NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo and NBCUniversal Local about the journalism landscape and how to position yourself for success. No matter where you are in your career, this virtual, innovative and provocative summit will take your career to the next level.
Fireside chat with NBCU News Group Chairman Cesar Conde
In an interactive conversation, NBCU News Group Chairman Cesar Conde shares his insights on the industry and the importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in driving newsroom growth and innovation.
Conde is joined by moderators Kristen Welker, NBC News chief White House correspondent and co-host of “Weekend Today”; José Díaz-Balart, host of “MSNBC Reports with José Díaz-Balart”; CNBC senior markets correspondent Dominic Chu and NBC News NOW reporter Zinhle Essamuah.
Drive and thrive: Land a job and succeed in news
How do you break into the news business and best navigate the competitive newsroom environment?
Shepard Smith, CNBC anchor and executive editor of “The News with Shepard Smith,” is joined by:
- Christian Alicea, director of “NBC Nightly News”
- Miriam Arias, Noticias Telemundo multimedia journalist
- Brandon Gomez, CNBC segment producer
- Karen Hua, NBC10 Philadelphia multimedia journalist
- Lauren Peikoff, executive producer of MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour with Stephanie Ruhle.”
Disinformation and social newsgathering skills
With misleading and deceptive information infiltrating everything from health to politics, tackling disinformation is a crucial part of journalism today. NBC News correspondent Gadi Schwartz drills down with NBC News senior reporter Ben Collins on why the stakes have never been higher.
Then Gadi turns to two members of NBC News’ Social Newsgathering team – news director Eric Carvin and senior social media reporter Rima Abdelkader –to explain how to separate fact from fiction when looking at user-generated content online.
How are top leaders from NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC and Noticias Telemundo tackling the biggest issues facing newsrooms today? For the first time ever, all four NBCU News Group leaders gathered together in one place to share insights on topics ranging from the war in Ukraine to the streaming news boom. Learn from these executives how to position yourself to succeed.
Tom Llamas, NBC News senior correspondent and NBC News NOW anchor, is joined by:
- CNBC Chairman Mark Hoffman
- MSNBC President Rashida Jones
- Telemundo Executive Vice President of News Patsy Loris
- NBC News President Noah Oppenheim.
Next level leadership
How do you land that next big leadership position in journalism? Top executives from NBC News, NBCUniversal Local and CNBC share their insider knowledge and tips on how to supercharge your career.
Alicia Menendez, host of MSNBC’s “American Voices,” is joined by:
- Catherine Kim, NBC News senior vice president of Global Digital News
- Lacy O’Toole, CNBC managing editor
- Janelle Rodriguez, NBC News senior vice president of Editorial
- Anzio Williams, NBCUniversal senior vice president of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion for NBC-Owned Stations.